Message from Manager
At St Stephen's Nursery, recognize the social, economic, cultural diversity of our society and will ensure that no-one feels excluded when they attend our nursery on any grounds.
We promise to:
- Treat each child, parent and colleague as an individual and respect their religions and cultures.
- Encourage positive role models, displayed through toys, imaginary play, books and posters that promote non- stereotyped images. All children will be encouraged to join in all activities i.e. dressing up, role play corner, dolls, climbing on large equipment, bikes etc.
- Celebrate festivals throughout the nursery, ensuring that we include those events that are relevant to the children attending the nursery.
- Welcome any parent/carer who would like to be involved with widening our education about their cultural or religious beliefs.
- Provide assistance as requested by our parents/carers that use English as an additional language.
- Ensure activities are accessible for all children with support provided where necessary.
- Support the staff team within the nursery with relevant training.
- The nursery is accessible to all children and families in the local community and further afield through a comprehensive and inclusive admissions policy.
- Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further information.